Wednesday 8 April 2020

TOP 100 WOMAN-OWNED BUSINESS TO INVEST IN 2020: Dr Ibilola Amao, Founder/CEO Lonadek Global Services


Dr. Ibilola Amao, the Founder/CEO of Lonadek Global Services is a leading advocate of Value Creation through Digital Transformation Strategies and Local Content Implementation.  With core competence in Engineering Technology and Innovation, she has focused on human capital development initiatives to bridge the STEM capacity, capability and competence gaps in resource-rich emerging economies.

''When I came back from England in 1991, I went to register for the NYSC programme in Abuja.  I saw a longer queue next door and I asked what it was for because the queue for NYSC registration seemed shorter. I later discovered that the Corporate Affairs Commission’s office was next door to the NYSC office. I was told that people on the queue were there to register their businesses. It cost less to register a business than the amount my father had given for my NYSC registration. So, I paid the CAC some money which was a deposit for my company registration, and I employed the services of a lawyer. I used the balance to get a hotel and sort out my NYSC registration. Of course, I didn’t get my registration certificate until three months after and eventually, when I got it, I knew that I wanted to do something creative. I didn’t want to be working and cheating my employers. I had to do something of my own and that was how Lonadek Oil and Gas was birthed in September 1991''.

Lonadek Global Services is a multi-award winning, woman-owned, ISO: 9001: 2015 Certified Engineering Technology and Innovations Solution Company.

Lonadek Global Services provides state-of-the-art technologies and outsources STEM talent that delivers value in the Energy, Power, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, Oil and Gas sectors.

Lonadek Global Services offers Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) focused services through talent engagement in:

·   Technical Talent Outsourcing
·   Engineering Technology and Innovation Solutions
·   Consultancy & Local Content Advisory  Services
·   Training and Human Capital Development Initiatives


Dr. Ibilola Amao was also involved in the actualization of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development (NOGICD) guidelines before it was eventually passed into law on the 22nd of April, 2010.

She is passionate about deploying Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) solutions to create value.

She is a Vital Voices VV 100, WeConnect International Fellow, an Access Bank “W” 100 Awardee and a Forbes Africa Rising Star 2019. 

We spotted the skills gap in high-technology driven sectors which is also the case in most emerging economies. Our market focus is in the following areas:


Training: Statistics according to Spectator Index shows that the rate of Unemployment in Nigeria is 28.8%, the skills gap issues in various organizations whereby employees haven’t been able to match up to International standards has been alarming. This has reduced the efficiency of these organizations which in effect has affected the economy of the country.


Global Outsourcing Services: Organizations have spent prolonged time in trying to recruit capable and competent employees; this process has affected such organizations from focusing fully on their major area of expertise and core competence

Engineering Software 
and State-of-the-Art Technology sales: Organizations such as Oil and Gas companies overtime have struggled with license acquisition, training, implementation of solutions and accessing the required support for engineering software in a timely manner.


Our team comprises of exceptional talents in their areas of specialization. We have staff strength of 32 Administrative staffs and 66 contract staffs.

We are a Global Technical Outsourcing Company that offers Management Consultancy in high-technology demand sectors. We deliver local content compliance requirements to IOC’s and multi-nationals and empower local experts who are resources globally. The uniqueness of our services is in the design & definition of our human capital engagement ecosystem


We are funded through retained capital. Our global expansion strategy beyond Nigeria and the United Kingdom is hinged on  accessing smart money through partnerships, alliances, joint ventures and consortia arrangements.

We have identified, developed and engaged over 95,000 STEM talent through our 15-year, Vision 2020 Career Counselling workshop. Furthermore, we have trained and empowered over 15,000 Engineers.  Lonadek was instrumental to moving Nigerian indigenous Engineering from drawing Boards in 1992 to Computer-aided Design and Draughting systems through 2D, 3D and 4D solutions. We have added value to the deployment of AVEVA, Autodesk and Bentley Solutions in Nigeria. I setup the Oil and Gas Design Engineers of Nigeria (OGDEN), in 2004, as a vehicle through which the domestication and domiciliation of Automated Facilities Design was achieved locally. I am pleased to announce that of the 67 Engineers recruited in NETCO for the Chevron Escravos project, many of which I trained on CADD, we can boast of empowering some of the most professionally wired and dedicated NNPC staff that exist today. I am always in continuous learning mode and never too old to go back to school.

We serve individuals, corporate and SMEs. Our individual customers tend to be youths, graduates and intermediates that are passionate about going global as internationally certified professionals. We encourage them to embark on Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes with discipline specific associations, societies and institutions.

Our operation focus is in Engineering, Information Technology, Energy, Power, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, Oil and Gas sectors.

Yes, we going global. We look forward to creating value for employers of technical and non-technical skilled resources to create value in STEM focused sectors of emerging economies. Our Digital Twin Asset Optimization strategy would deliver value to global asset owners in these areas.

Physical and Virtual. We are happy to deliver our value creating services through talented experts in Engineering Technology and Innovation Solutions. We create value for our clients, customers and corporate through their digital transformation.


We have a client and stakeholder base of 100,000 + with few esteemed corporate clients who have consistently supported our growth and development.


Providing our services to a wider reach has been one of our focuses. We are currently working on our goods and services to be franchised to entrepreneurs in other parts of the world. Social media has also been instrumental to solving this challenge. 




As a professional with an engineering background, I have honed my skills in business and entrepreneurship by attending various training and development programs.   

One of the numerous awards that I’ve received is the Energy Institute Champion Award in the United Kingdom and for me; it was such a great honor. Out of six people that were shortlisted, I was selected to receive the award. That was the first award ceremony that I would attend that I didn’t know if I was going to win or not.  I recall that I attended the award ceremony with my daughter and I didn’t want my tails in between my legs in her presence. I was very excited and happy when I won because I was competing with expatriates.  I thought that was an awesome honor and I bless God for that.

We guard our client’s information securely through a safe and secure network. Over the past three decades we have demonstrated integrity, transparency and zero conflict of interest in our delivery of quality services.

2020 is our year of Transformation, uncommon fun activities and globalization. We intend to satisfy our old and new clients and exceed their expectations. We plan to leverage global relationships, increase our virtual clients through enhanced online activities, maintain the existing physical clients by listening to their challenges and proffering the necessary solutions.

In giving back to the society, Lonadek Global Services mentors and coaches Girls in STEM, Women in Entrepreneurship and also publishes daily advise on HSSE matters through various mediums most especially our Social Media platforms. 


Founder/CEO Profile

Enquiries
WhatsApp: +2348033216064.

Business 
Website: www.lonadek.com
Twitter: @lonadekinc
Instagram: @lonadekinc

No comments:

Post a Comment