Thursday 7 May 2015

#DaArtInU: Da Art In U celebrates Nigerian-Spanish Director, Evelyn Ogbeide










Today on Da Art In U, we celebrate the Nigerian-Spanish Director, Evelyn Ogbeide.

Originally from Edo state, Nigeria. Evelyn Ogbeide is a 26yrs old proud mother of a 6 years old girl though still single and never married.

Evelyn is an Actress, Model, Director and also a Writer based in Spain.


Reminiscing on how it all started and so far, Evelyn narrates

        Well it all started when I was a kid. I remembered writing my first script for my school drama activities but due to some changes in school, we never get to really played it because it was a very religious school.

I started my career at the age of 22, My experience have been more into Spanish Entertainment Industry.



As an actress, her filmography includes

*Nollywood movie in Spain called pure de patatas.
*In spain,  played a role with the character Monique in spanish movie called Presentimientos alongside with spanish movie stars such as Eduardo Noriego and Marta Etura.
*A German movie called All Inklusive,
*Spanish series such as Cheers (Spanish version),
*Leading role in a Spanish movie called Ultima llamada.
*Supporting role in a short movie called La luna.
*Leading role actress in Spanish music called Tan solo por esta noche by Delola,
*Leading role actress in a Spanish music artist SeƱor R. etc..


The elegant actress is also a model  and has featured in music videos such as Alexandra Stan ft Follow your instinct (fyi), Blue night by Ivanga Blue, Fly high by Gordo master etc and many fashion events as a fashion parade model and photoshoot model.









As a Director, she has just finished working on Basta Ya (Enough), her first movie but not the last because at the moment she is working on a new movie and hope to work in thousands more.


Elaborating more on her Film:

         
 BASTA YA "ENOUGH" Is a short film that tells the story of a young woman, Laura. Through it, you will discover that behind a smile, thousands of dark stories can be hidden. But what is Laura hiding?

              Basta ya (Enough ) Is a short movie regarding domestic violence. With this movie we are trying to make people all over the world see what it can cost you. In every part of the world, thousands of women lost their life due to this. Domestic violence is not only suffered by women but also men do. And sadly kids suffer it too. Our mission is to make people see it and react to it. Because domestic violence is not a game but reality that has to be put an end to.




Regards as to who has a great influence on her, Evelyn says

            The answer is my daughter because she motivates me to be whom I am today.


Considering what other career she would have opted for:

             If I could be anything else in life, I would have be a Lawyer but I love my career so much that I will not like to change it for any other choice.

Regards her past:

        I cant change anything because every mistakes, disappointment, wrong or right are blessings. I believe what doesn't kills you, makes you stronger.


How would you want to be remembered:



              I don't know how I might be remembered in future. But I would love to be a legend who was brave and left good examples for others.


1 comment:

  1. That's my girl watch her she will surly go places

    ReplyDelete